Saturday 14th October 2017

IMG_3334IMG_333014 10 17 (1)14 10 17 (2)14 10 17 (3)14 10 17 (4)14 10 17 (5)14 10 17 (6)14 10 17 (7)14 10 17 (8)14 10 17 (9)14 10 17 (10)IMG_3337

Spurs 1 Bournemouth 0

Our first-ever Premier League win at Wembley Stadium was achieved on Saturday afternoon thanks to Christian Eriksen’s second-half strike.
Share this story on Facebook Share this story on Twitter Share this story on Google+ Email this story Share this
The Danish midfielder produced a calm finish from 18 yards just two minutes after half-time and it was enough to give us maximum league points for the first time at our temporary home, following draws against Swansea City and Burnley and a defeat by Chelsea.

The first half was a disappointing affair, as visitors Bournemouth pulled all 10 players back behind the ball when not in possession and we struggled to penetrate their defence. Eriksen and Dele Alli had efforts blocked while Asmir Begovic made a good save to deny Harry Kane, while at the other end, we needed a great block by Davinson Sanchez to deny Junior Stanislas and a superb close-range save from Hugo Lloris – keeping out a corner which hit Eric Dier and was heading in – to keep the game goalless at the interval.
But we wasted no time in the second half and went in front on 47 minutes when Heung-Min Son played in Eriksen and he advanced into the area before sending a slide-rule shot past Begovic and into the far corner.

A good spell followed for us and the Cherries goalkeeper was forced into making a great double save to prevent Kane from extending our lead, but there was always a threat from Bournemouth and Lloris was called upon to keep out former Spur Jermain Defoe’s chance in the 78th minute, just moments after he had come off the bench.
In the closing stages, Dier had an effort blocked by Steve Cook from 12 yards, Dele just headed wide after great work by Moussa Sissoko and fellow substitute Georges-Kevin Nkoudou was upended on the edge of the area in stoppage time by Begovic when clean through. The keeper saved Eriksen’s effort from the resulting free-kick, but the whistle blew seconds later to ensure we took the three points


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: